Illawarra Family Day Care provides quality childcare in a registered home environment. IFDC is a non-profit, community based quality childcare organisation. The scheme is assessed under the National Quality Standards. Our Rating is Meeting National Quality Standards.
Aims of Illawarra Family Day Care:
- To provide monitored quality care for children at homes of authorised Educators in a family environment.
- To provide support to Educators, Parents and Children with random fortnightly visits by qualified Child Development Officers/Co-Ordinators
- To be aware of all children’s ages and stages of development, including children with special needs and encourage a program of activities to meet all children’s individual needs, interests, cultural and religious beliefs.
- To provide safe, happy and healthy home-style/ family environment, where children can grow physically, emotionally and socially at their own pace.
- To guide children’s behaviour in a positive and respectable dignified manner to enable preparation for life experiences.
- To provide support to families on any developmental needs that their child may require, and support all children in their transition to school. We endeavour to provide equipment to meet all children’s individual needs.
- To provide affordable and accessible care to the whole community regardless of their culture gender, religious family structure and economical status.
- To work in partnerships with Parents and Educators to provide Quality Child Care for children and to respect that all people deserve to be treated with dignity, listened to and have their views considered.
- To provide ongoing training for all Educators to keep them up to date with evolving trends